Royal People

A dedication to those wonderful people who served Royal Primary School & Royal College, in Sri Lanka, since 1835, and, who will be remembered for their committment, sincerety and unselfishness.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

True Tales of Terror from the 59er days

Majestic Theatre

A palm-sweating experience of finding myself and a pal seated right next to Nondi Senaratne, Kataya's bunching pal, at the Majestic Theatre at a matinee during school hours. Luckily, he was full of approval for our taste , and never dobbed us in.

– Prasanna Mendis /Australia

Loose Neck Guneratnam

Many times have I encountered loose-neck Gunaratnem at places outside College during school hours, but never bothered, and he too would have been too far away mentally to know or care. -

– Prasanna Mendis / Australia


The 2-10 Cut

Cutting college during the 2:10 interval to go for the matinee at Majestic, wasn’t I surprised to bump into Dudley driving past me on Thurstan Road when he pulled up by the curb and had me get in his car and brought me back to College and almost suspended me from my O levels. It was after much pleading that he spared me and also saved me from letting my old mman know.

– Fazli Sameer / Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home